International Economics, MA studies
The International Economics Programme is the best in Eastern Europe in the category of Economics, according to the Eduniversal Best Masters Ranking 2021.
The two-year master’s degree programme in International Economics is conducted in English and leads to a master’s degree. The main goal of the programme is to provide participants with advanced knowledge in the field of international economics which is comparable to the master’s degree programmes offered at the best universities in the European Union. It provides a theoretical background for those who wish to continue their studies with doctoral studies in economics, at home or abroad. It lays the foundations for those who wish to find employment in international institutions which handle international economics issues, in the national public sector or in international business.
In the International Economics programme, students can apply at the end of their first year to participate in a double-degree programme, as part of bilateral agreements with our partner universities:
- Belgium - the Catholic University of Louvain
- Portugal - University Institute of Lisbon
- Germany - University of Trier
As part of this programme, the second year of studies takes place at a partner university. After fulfilling the relevant requirements, it is possible to obtain a diploma from UW as well as a master's degree from the partner university.
By studying International Economics:
- You will seamlessly implement advanced micro and macroeconomic theories when modelling socio-economic processes;
- You will understand how international finance and economics work and be able to apply this knowledge to advanced financial engineering in multinational corporations;
- You will gain knowledge of the principles of negotiation and know how to resolve commercial disputes;
- You will be comfortable with advanced econometric tools such as STATA, MAXIMA, and Eview;
- You will study in an international environment: the majority of students on the programme are international students.