Tandems for Excellence
7 October 2021
The University of Warsaw, as part of the "Excellence Initiative – Research University Program", offers the opportunity to host excellent professors from international partner universities for temporary collaborations, thus further promoting the internationalization of the Warsaw University. The call for applications will be open until 20 December 2021.
- All the University of Warsaw research and research/teaching staff are eligible to apply.
A direct application by the visiting scientist is not possible.
- The Program allows stays up to twelve months.
Eligible activities in the Program
The aim of the competition is to create “tandems” – small research teams comprised of a foreign researcher with outstanding scientific achievements in a given discipline, and researchers from the University of Warsaw. The anticipated outcomes of the implemented projects include:
- enabling the direct cooperation of doctoral students and researchers employed at the University of Warsaw with the best scientists from other units,
- establishing relationships which allow for the continuation of such cooperation in the future (e.g., by applying jointly for grants),
- stimulating the creation of new research groups or the improvement of existing groups,
- transferring know-how about research methods and organisation of scientific research, allowing for increased visibility of research from the University of Warsaw in the international arena.
The activity is horizontal in nature, and therefore open to all research disciplines at the University of Warsaw. Priority is given to areas where the potential for cooperation and the resulting added value are the greatest.
For more information on the call please visit: https://inicjatywadoskonalosci.uw.edu.pl/en/actions/ii-2-1/
Posted by moponowicz