Debate “Green Policy Mix: Towards Climate Oriented Fiscal and Monetary Policy in Poland”
28 February 2020
Faculty of Economic Sciences University of Warsaw and Polish Economic Institute are pleased to invite to the debate “Green Policy Mix: Towards Climate Oriented Fiscal and Monetary Policy in Poland”.
The debate will be held on Tuesday, March 10 from 11 am till 1.30 pm in room B at the Faculty of Economic Sciences (Długa 44/50 St., Warsaw).
The debate participants with Minister of Climate in Poland – Michał Kurtyka and Marek Dietl - CEO of Polish Stock Exchange - among others will be discussing several tools and methods of achieving climate-neutral economy (Carbon Border Tax, green bond issuance, modifying the expenditure rules by countries or taking climate risks into monetary policy toolbox).
Participants will be also looking for solutions on what should be done to follow the trajectory of climate-neutral development without causing any damage to public finance and credibility of monetary policy. They will also try to answer the question: How to synchronise the activity of fiscal and monetary policy authorities in order to provide sufficient money supply to support transition while preserving the separation of the two, especially the autonomy of central banks? To set the scene and draw where the priorities are there will be voices from both fiscal and monetary perspectives from Poland and other member states.
- Piotr Arak – Head of Polish Economic Institute Professor
- Łukasz Hardt – Head of Chair in Political Economy, Faculty of Economic Sciences at the University of Warsaw; Member of the Monetary Policy Council
Key note speaker: Michał Kurtyka, PhD – Minister of Climate in Poland (TBC)
Fiscal policy panel:
- Zsolt Darvas, PhD – Senior Fellow at Bruegel
- Marcin Roszkowski – Chairman of Jagiellonian Institute
Monetary policy panel:
- Professor Martin Flodén – Deputy Governor of Sveriges Riksbank
- Pierre Monnin, PhD – Fellow at Council on Economic Policies
- Professor Łukasz Hardt – Head of Chair in Political Economy, Faculty of Economic Sciences at the University of Warsaw; Member of the Monetary Policy Council
Next part will consist of several utterances from invited experts. They will comment on presentations using their energy, economic and financial expertise:
- Marek Dietl, PhD – CEO of Polish Stock Exchange, Associate Professor at Warsaw School of Economics;
- Artur Galbarczyk – Director at Fitch Ratings in CEE;
- Ernest Pytlarczyk, PhD – Chief Economist at mBank;
- Professor Tomasz Żylicz – University of Warsaw, Faculty of Economic Sciences.
Posted by mdominiak