European week of regions and cities
20 April 2019
EUROPEAN WEEK OF REGIONS AND CITIES
7th Master Class on EU Cohesion Policy for PhD Students & Early Career Researchers
6-10 October 2019, Brussels, Belgium
As part of the 17th European Week of Regions and Cities, the biggest event worldwide on regional and urban development, the Master Class on EU Cohesion Policy will be held for PhD students and early-career researchers for the sixth time. Applications are being sought from PhD students and early career researchers undertaking research related to European Cohesion Policy to attend the 2019 University Master Class.
The Master Class is a unique format to connect aspiring researchers and will include presentations of papers by the participants as well as lectures and panel debates with policymakers, EU officials and senior academics to improve understanding of, and research, on EU Cohesion Policy.
The Master Class is organised and led by the European Commission, DG for Regional and Urban Policy (DG REGIO), the European Committee of the Regions (CoR) and the Regional Studies Association European Foundation (RSA Europe) in cooperation with the European Regional Science Association (ERSA) and the Association of European Schools of Planning (AESOP). A selection panel composed of these organisations will be responsible for reviewing the applications and selecting participants.
PARTICIPANTS & APPLICATION PROCESS
30 attendees from EU Member States and non-EU countries will be invited to attend and will have their travel and accommodation booked and paid for.
Applications must complete the application form and include an abstract that falls under one of the following three broad themes:
- The Future of the EU and the roles of the Regions and Cities #EUBudget #Cohesion #Post2020 #ERDF #Subsidiarity #Democracy #Demography #InternationalCompetition #Digitalization
- A Europe Closer to Citizens #TerritorialCohesion #Cooperation #People #Places #Urban #Rural #LocalCommunities #Migration #AdministrativeCapacity
- A Greener Europe #EnergyTransition #ClimateChangeAdaptation #CircularEconomy #RiskManagement #EuropeanSolidarityFund
Application documents to be submitted comprise:
- the completed application form (see application form under related documents- top right-hand side) your CV combined in one document (WORD or PDF) submitted via the online form;
- a certificate (uploaded in a separate PDF or WORD document) submitted via the online form: proving the PhD student status; or proving early career status (PhD certificate);
- a portrait photo (uploaded in a separate file) submitted via the online form;
- an academic reference in support of your application must be sent separately by the referee to Klara Sobekova at and be received by the closing date.
Interested current PhD students and early career researchers are requested to submit their details and the application documents via the online form (Google form).
The application deadline is 1st May 2019, 15.00 (GMT) or 16.00 (CET).
The application documents and more information are available here: https://www.regionalstudies.org/events/masterclass2019/
Posted by mbaba