CASE Internship Program – Research Intern
17 December 2014
Please read the job description below for more information about the position. In order to apply, please submit your CV and a cover letter describing how your experience would benefit the position. Applications should be sent to by January 15th, 2015 (Please indicate "Research Internship" and your name in the subject line).
CASE is looking for an intern to help support the work of our project application and implementation teams.
Flexible working hours: 20-30 hours per week
Office hours: Monday-Friday, 09:00-17:00
Starting date: February 2015
- Provide assistance to project teams during the conceptualization and execution of different research projects, including data analysis, statistical and econometric interpretation, drafting of analytical papers, providing literature reviews, case studies, summaries, etc.;
- Support the research team and application team in writing research proposals; and
- Provide help in the conceptualization and implementation of a new database and modeling system for CASE.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Economics;
- Background in data gathering, data processing, statistical analysis and econometrics;
- Advanced computer skills: literacy in MS Excel; knowledge of and experience with major statistical and database packages (STATA, SPSS, E-views); knowledge of MS Access or equivalent is desirable but not compulsory;
- Familiarity with micro- and macroeconomic modeling;
- Involvement in scientific research projects related to economics is desirable but not compulsory;
- Excellent command of written and spoken English;
- Knowledge of Polish would be an advantage;
- Ability to work within tight deadlines and in fact-paced teams; and
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, ability to work flexibly and cooperatively, strong team spirit.
The internship is paid. Please note that only candidates shortlisted for an interview will be contacted.
Posted by admin