12 April 2015
Permanent Secretariat of the Community of Democracies is looking for
Accountant / Junior Accountant
The Accountant / Junior Accountant will be assigned to the financial and accounting matters in the Unit of Finance and Administration at the Community of Democracies Permanent Secretariat (PSCD) based in Warsaw. He/she will be responsible for application of accounting principles to analyze financial information and handle internal and external inquiries.
- Verifying and post financial documents in the accounting system;
- Preparing payments in the banking system;
- Assisting in the production of monthly and yearly financial reports;
- Verifying and processing travel related documentation according to applicable procedure;
- Reconciling petty cash on a monthly basis;
- Handling suppliers’ inquiries (accounts confirmation, etc.);
- Delivering service and information internally and externally in accordance with organization’s policies, procedures and applicable laws.
- Degree in Finance, Accounting, Management;
- Minimum 2 years of relevant professional experience preferably in an international organization and/or a non-governmental organization;
- Familiarity with accounting procedures and regulations;
- Sound understanding Polish payroll and tax regulations;
- Computer literacy, including good knowledge of MS Excel; knowledge of Sage/Symfonia accounting software would be a strong advantage;
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail;
- Ability to work in a team, with minimal supervision and under pressure within a multicultural environment;
- Fluency in English and Polish.
The position is based in Warsaw at the Permanent Secretariat of the Community of Democracies. The position is full time.
The proposed job position and salary will depend on the candidate’s professional experience.
How to apply:
If you meet the mentioned criteria, please submit your resume and a cover letter to . Shortlisted applicants will be invited for an interview in person. Applicants residing abroad should be prepared for interviews via Skype. Deadline for applications is April 12, 2015.