- Application procedure and deadlines for BA and MA
- Foundation year for BA and MA studies
- BA in Finance and International Investment
- MA in Quantitative Finance
- MA in International Economics
- MA in Data Science
- PhD in Economics
- Actuarial Education (Course)
- WNE UW undergraduate studies alumni
+ 48 22 55 49 190, 145
With kind regards,
Office of Admissions
Finance and International Investment (undergraduate programme, 3 years)
Finance and International Investment Program aims at equipping students with professional knowledge about economics mechanisms and the instruments of international financial markets. Students learn how to manage modern financial engineering instruments of multinational corporations. Also, they acquire knowledge of the foreign exchange risk management techniques and are provided with knowledge about optimization, corporate finance and international relations, especially these associated with investing in foreign assets. The program provides students with skills that enable them to prepare state-of-the-art analyses of the market value of enterprises and financial statements in accordance with accounting standards. Graduates will possess highly marketable qualifications of modern analytical methods and tools underpinned by broad social knowledge. Also, they will gain expertise in financial markets, international financial management, monetary policy, banking, insurance and accounting.
- You will understand economics and finance both on the micro and macro level
- You will learn how to analyse data and how to create and implement financial models
- You will fluently use two main languages in the world of finance: mathematics and English
- You will learn how to use advanced econometric tools, such as SAS, R, MAXIMA, STATA
- You will be able to choose from 50 partner institutions within Erasmus+ program
- You will learn in an international environment: 50% of students at the programme come from different country than Poland
- You can join students; organizations and meet long-term friends
Students have the key skills workshop, they can prepare financial statements in accordance with accounting standards and make a valuation of the market value of businesses and assets. Students are familiar with the functioning of foreign exchange markets, are equipped with the essential skills to manage modern financial engineering instruments of multinational corporations, have knowledge of the foreign exchange risk management techniques, optimization, corporate finance and international issues associated with investing in foreign assets.
These skills allow you to take up employment in positions of economists and representatives of related occupations in each sector and sector of the economy, both at home and abroad. Directional knowledge and skills to prepare working primarily with financial institutions (banks, insurance companies, investment funds and pension funds), companies, central government bodies, research institutes, educational institutions, as well as his own company. The resulting theoretical foundations, as well as knowledge of the practical application of analytical methods, selected econometric and accounting tools may find its use in job opportunities economists, analysts, traders, accountants.
These theoretical foundations, as well as the practical skills and analytical methods gained during their studies - like selected econometric and accounting tools - enable graduates to start their professional experience as economists, analysts, traders or accountants in financial institutions (banks, insurance companies, investment and pension funds), multi- national companies, government bodies, and research & educational institutions. Obtaining a bachelor's degree is also the ticket to take even the most demanding secondary studies at leading universities to obtain a master's degree, particularly in the fields of economics, finance, or in other social sciences.
Studies in addition to equipment students with the basic knowledge and skills tools, train the ability to adapt to the changing economic environment, including changes in the labor market. They learn critical look at the results of analyzes, including their own, and economic events, in particular the opportunities and risks in the financial markets, which increases accountability and integrity of both the student and the employee. Studies are designed help promote intellectual openness, creativity and flexibility, the ability to self-education and raising qualifications, which features particularly valued in the labor market. Allow students to develop teamwork skills, as well as in the course of performing their tasks independently.
- AML Operations Analyst (Anti-MOney Laundering)
- Investment Analyst
- Risk Analyst
- Finance Analyst
- Finance Business Partnering
- Trading Specialist
- Tax Specialist
- Transactions Specialist
- European Finance Specialist
Limit of places
- 90 for candidates who will study under Polish citizenship conditions (PL, UE, EFTA, Pole's Card)
- 35 for other candidates
- 1 Polish government scholarship
Finance and International Investment
Academic Year 2017/2018
Tuition fees charged in AY 2016/2017, 2017/2018
|Tuition fee charged from non-EU/EFTA candidates:||2100 Euro a year
+ 200 Euro of additional one-time payment
charged from PL/EU/EFTA candidates:
|6600 PLN a year|
Maximum 30% of candidates may receive 70% tuition waivers for the first year of the programme.