kształcenia dla WNE
Warsaw Actuarial Summer School
As it has been assumed and realised for the last fourteen years, the aim of the School is to fill a gap in the Continuing Education process, which is recognized as crucial for keeping high professional standards in most of western countries with well-developed insurance markets, and well-established actuarial profession. Thus the programme of the School is mainly dedicated to persons who have already entered the profession, or at least have passed the basic education stage at WASS or elsewhere. Every year the selection of topics is different.
We expect that persons wishing to participate are employed in actuarial, statistical or analytical departments of insurance firms and institutions of the insurance market and pension system, or at least have a basic actuarial knowledge (based on good mathematical background) and wish to acquire more specialised skills demanded when looking for a job in the insurance industry. Academic teachers interested in actuarial sciences are welcome, too.
Faculty of Modern Languages, at 55 Dobra St. Rooms where lectures are held will be announced later.
- Faculty of Economic Sciences, University of Warsaw, and:
- Polish Society of Actuaries
- prof. Łukasz Delong (Society)
- prof. Wojciech Otto (University)
Director: Professor Wojciech Otto
Administration: Katarzyna Thomas
Address: 00-241 Warszawa, Długa Str. 44/50, POLAND
- Polish: all lectures
The fee for the School has been established as follows: 3,240.00/405.00/4,050.00 PLN (PSA members, academic teachers, doctoral students, others - respectively). The fee for selected courses are:
- Lecture 1- 1,080.00/135.00/1,350.00 PLN
- Lecture 2 - 720.00/90.00/900.00 PLN
- Lecture 3 - 1,080.00/135.00/1,350.00 PLN (including exam)
- Lecture 4 – 360.00/45.00/450.00 PLN
One has to take into account also accommodation cost and expenses for stay in Warsaw. Foreigners can expect some help from our administration to find accommodation in Warsaw.
Persons wishing to participate should send applications (expression of interest and CV, possibly recommendation from the firm, institution or University) to one of the following e-mail addresses:
together with the Registration Form.
One can send applications between 15th and 31st of August, and the deadline for payment in case of bank transfer is 2nd of September, 2017. Alternatively, participants can pay upon arrival.
Note: due to the fact that rooms for lecture 1. and 2. accommodate just 66 persons each, please enrol for these courses in due time. It may happen after the deadline that the organisers will refuse to accept applications should the number of participants exceeds 66.
In the group of academic teachers and doctoral students we can accept just few persons. Those who might be applicable are kindly asked to send above mentioned documents before 20th of August.
When you are accepted for the School, you will receive written confirmation by fax. It especially applies to those who need Polish visa.
WASS is organised in September, and the full education programme includes 7-10 working days.
The preliminary programme of the 28th edition is composed of four selected subjects. It is important to note all lectures are in Polish - program in PDF file
Daily schedule - PDF file
Programme from previous years - editions 23-27
Lectures at the School are given by outstanding specialists from foreign actuarial societies and insurance companies, and consulting from Germany, Great Britain, Switzerland, France, Belgium, the Netherlands, USA and Canada.
- Walther Nauhausm Zablem-Neuhaus AS/University of Lizbon
- Agnieszka Izabella Bergel, University of Lisbon
- Aleksander Rejman, Willis Towers Watson, Germany
- Tomasz Konieczny, Willis Towers Watson, Germany
- Dennis Dobler, University of Ulm
- Jan Beirlant, KU Leuven
- Tom Reynkens, KU Leuven
- Katarzyna Kędziora, Audit&Consulting services
- Antoon Pelsser, Kleynen Consultants, Maastricht University
- Lutz Wilhelmy, Swiss Re's International Governmental Affairs and Consulting
- Dr Aristidis K. Nikoloulopoulos, University of East Anglia, UK
- Jeremy Kent, MA, FIA Principal, Consulting Actuary, Milliman, Italy
- Wojciech Ślusarski, Deloitte
- Róża Lewińska, NBP; Grzegorz Szafrański, Uniwersytet Łódzki
- Prof. Edward W.(Jed) Frees, Prof. Marjorie A.Rosenberg, Wisconsin School of Business, University of Wisconsin
- Prof. Ermanno Pitacco, MIB School of Management, University of Trieste
- dr hab. Łukasz Delong, SGH Warszawa
- Prof. Qiwei Yao, London School of Economics
- Prof. Jacek Koronacki, Ewa Nowakowska, IPI PAN
- Ragnar Norberg, Universite Lyon 1
- Frank Schepers, Daniel Matic, Towers Watson, Niemcy
- Robert Pusz, PZU SA
- Richard Derrig, PhD, visiting professor, Temple University, USA
- Ateno Villar, PriceWaterhouseCoopers