Call for applications: part-time research assistant
January 19, 2015
GRAPE is looking for candidates interested in joining the team. We intend to hire eight part-time assistants (the work load for each is about 20 hours a week), for six projects
- LAFFER led by professor R. Kokoszczyński [taxes and firm performance]
- INNOGEND led by professor B. Liberda [female entrepreneurship and innovation]
- AGING led by dr. P. Strzelecki [demography and stability of pension systems]
- PENSION led by dr K. Makarski [political stability of the pension system reforms]
- PRIVATIZATION led by dr J. Hagemejer [privatization and productivity of firms]
- REALLOCATION led by dr S. Cichocki [labor market flows and economic transition]
The profiles of requirement differ between the projects, but we welcome applications from candidates who have interest in applied economics. Knowledge of English is a must. Prior experience with STATA or R constitute an advantage. On top of these general requirements, we are seeking to fill:
- six part-time positions in microeconometrics of firm-level and individual-level analyses (any knowledge or experience in working with firm-level data is a plus);
- two part-time positions in macroeconomic DSGE and OLG modelling (any previous experience of DSGE or OLG modelling would be appreciated but is not required).
The tasks of the assistant will consist of data management, data analysis and review of literature as well as drafting components of scientific articles and non-technical posts for GRAPE blog. We can offer contract of assignment (“umowa zlecenia”) or a scholarship (“stypendium"). The compensation amounts gross to 1500 PLN for one part-time position per month. The expected contract duration will be between 2 up to 3 years (depending on the project), but it may also be extended, subject to successful cooperation and obtaining new projects. Projects are financed by the National Science Center and Ministry of Science and Higher Education.
We offer a friendly work environment among other young people involved in research project, moreover we offer a designated place to work with a well-equipped computer, printers and all the office supplies. There are frequent seminars that give opportunity to learn and share in cozy yet motivating atmosphere. Last but not least there is access to a full-equipped kitchen and free yet wonderful coffee.
The assistant will have the access to the databases acquired for the projects. Each of the project will yield 2-3 journal articles, some of which may by co-authored by the assistant, depending on the work input. The assistant will also be able to use the facilities for work not directly related to the project. The working hours are rather flexible and task-oriented. However, the assistant is required to meet with the project team on a regular basis. Inclusion of parts of the research performed by the assistant in his/her PhD/MA thesis is also possible.
If you are interested, send us curriculum vitae and cover letter and a sample of your recent writing (e.g. essay, assignment). Candidates may apply for multiple positions, but should mark that clearly in their application. Applications should be submitted before January 23rd, 2015 to. We retain the right not reply to all applications.